XeroGelTM - The Finishing Touch
XeroGel is a hemostatic stenting nasal packing that uses a unique blend of Polyethelene glycol (PEG) and Chitosan to provide the postoperative care control physicians prefer and the comfort patients deserve.
The combination of chitosan and PEG provides an optimal balance of flexibility, resilience and hydrophilicity for controlled post-operative care.
- Minimizes bleeding and prevents adhesions
- Adapts to individual anatomic variations
- Maintains a cohesive structure to separate tissue
- Controls epistaxis
- Antimicrobial properties of chitosan may aid in healing1
The malleable and hydrophilic characteristics of XeroGel allow for gentle, atraumatic placement with calculated dissolution to improve the patient’s postoperative experience.
- Easy to place in anatomy
- Conforms to the treatment site
- Dissolves gradually, typically in 1 week2,3
XeroGel dissolves by hydrolysis, promoting easy physician cleanup and a healthy mucosa at 1 week.
- Chitosan and PEG copolymer; inert, latex-free, non-toxic material
- Dry dimensions: 4.0cm L x 2.4cm W x 0.3cm thickness; is flexible and trimmable
- Hydrates and expands to approximately 1.5x dry dimensions with 30-60 seconds
- Can be stored at ambient temperatures (<77˚ Fahrenheit)
- Dissolves gradually and completely, typically in 1 week
XeroGel Indications for Use
XeroGel is indicated for use in patients undergoing nasal/sinus surgery as a space-occupying packing to:
- Separate tissue or structures compromised by surgical trauma;
- Separate and prevent adhesions between mucosal surfaces; including during mesothelialcell regeneration in the nasal cavity;
- Help control minimal bleeding following surgery or trauma;
- Help control minimal bleeding following surgery or trauma by tamponade effect, blood absorption and platelet aggregation;
- Act as an adjunct to aid in the natural healing process.
XeroGel is indicated for use as a nasal packing to treat epistaxis.
This product is contraindicated for use in patients with a known hypersensitivity/allergy to shellfish.
Please see Instructions for Use for a complete listing of warnings, precautions, and adverse events.
XeroGel swells upon placement in the nasal cavity to help prevent adhesions and minimize post-surgical bleeding.
XeroGel hydrates and expands up to 1.5x its dry size to conform to the treatment site.
XeroGel maintains its cohesive structure to separate tissues and prevent adhesions between mucosal surfaces while helping to minimize bleeding.
1 Week Follow-Up
At a 1-week follow up, XeroGel is typically dissolved, leaving a healthy mucosa.