Information you provide
Some areas of the Site may ask you to submit personal information in order for you to benefit from the specified features (such as newsletter subscriptions, tips/pointers, or order processing) or to participate in a particular activity (such as sweepstakes or other promotions). You will be informed what information is required and what information is optional.
We may combine the information you submit with other information we have collected from you, whether on- or offline, including, for example, your purchase history. We may also combine it with information we receive about you from other sources, such as other Entellus Medical, Inc Operating Companies, publicly available information sources (including information from your publicly available social media profiles), and other third parties.
Passive Information Collection and use
As you navigate through a Site, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies and means, such as Internet Protocol addresses, cookies, Internet tags, and navigational data collection.
How we use and disclose information
- We use and disclose information you provide to us as described to you at the point of collection.
- We also use information from or about you:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you documents you request or e-mail alerts;
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information; and
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our products and services, identifying Site usage trends, personalizing your experience on the Site by presenting products and offers tailored to you, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
In addition, we use and disclose information collected through the Site as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) as permitted by applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. We may also use and disclose information collected through the Site in other ways, with your consent.
We also use and disclose information we collect passively as described above, under “Passive Information Collection and Use,” and for any other purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law (for example, if we are required to treat such information as personal information). In addition, we may use and disclose information that is not in personally identifiable form for any purpose. If we combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is (such as combining your name with your geographical location), we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Choices and access
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing purposes. You may opt in for:
- Receiving marketing communications from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out of receiving them by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org. In your response to us, please provide your name, identify the form(s) of marketing communications that you no longer wish to receive, and include the address(es) to which it/they are sent]. For example, if you no longer wish to receive marketing e-mails or direct mail from us, tell us that, and provide your name and e-mail or postal address.
We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out as described above, we will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of our affiliates with which we have already shared your information (i.e., as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). Please also note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important transactional and administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
How you can access, change, or delete your personal information
If you would like to review, correct, update, or delete the personal information that you have provided via the Site, please email email@example.com. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Use of site by minors
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of 16 years of age, and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information through the Site.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by using our Site or by providing consent to us (where required by law), you agree to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise to us. In those cases where we may request or invite you to provide sensitive information, we will do so with your express consent.
Entellus Medical, Inc
3600 Holly Lane North
Plymouth, MN 55447
United States of America
Overview of EU cookie consent rules
EU law requires organizations placing cookies through websites onto visitors’ computers to obtain their “consent” after providing clear and comprehensive information about how cookies are used on the websites.
In order to comply with this, we have taken four steps:
- Identified cookies and other tracking technologies served through this website, the purposes they fulfill, and related information such as their expiry and whether they are first or third party cookies.
- Assessed the intrusiveness of these cookies on visitors’ expectations of privacy, based on the information collected in (i) above.
- Provided “clear and comprehensive” information about website cookies with the appropriate level of disclosure corresponding with the intrusiveness of each cookie.
- Decided on an appropriate strategy for obtaining consent for website cookies, taking into account their use and intrusiveness. Certain types of cookie may qualify for legal exemptions and, where this is the case, consent will not be required for these cookies.
The consent strategy that is appropriate for any given type of cookie will depend on the intrusiveness of that cookie, taking into account:
- who serves the cookie (i.e. a first or third party)
- what data the cookie collects
- what purposes it fulfills
- how long it endures
- the nature of the website through which it is served.
For cookies requiring consent, we follow a three-tiered approach for obtaining visitor consent:
- for cookies of medium intrusiveness: we use the same strategy as for low intrusiveness cookies and also make contextual disclosures about cookie use at appropriate points on the websites (e.g. making cookie disclosures around targeted adverts or other website functionality reliant on these cookies)
- for cookies of high intrusiveness: we will implement a prior consent strategy (for example, the use of a banner / pop-up requiring visitors to consent to these cookies before they are served)
Prior consent for websites targeted at audiences with particular health issues: This website targets audiences with specific health issues. Due to the categorisation of health-related data as “sensitive” under European data protection laws, collection of cookie data through this website is considered intrusive. For this reason, we have adopted a prior consent model for certain cookies served through this website.
This site may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information to provide better service to site visitors, customise the site based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve the site for your use. Such information is not combined with personally identifiable information collected elsewhere on the site unless you have consented.
Links to other websites
How to contact us
Or Write to:
Entellus Medical, Inc
3600 Holly Lane North
Plymouth, MN 55447
United States of America
Please check back periodically, and especially before you provide any personally identifiable information.